By name, this may not mean anything to you, but it is the largest culinary festival in the City of Light. Under the magnificent glass roof of the Grand Palais are small gastronomic islands that welcome many great chefs for a few days.
As soon as you walk through the doors, the subtle smell of the various ephemeral restaurants intoxicates you, the warm atmosphere exalts you and this impressive space captivates you. True epicurean… I can tell you that I was completely in my element.
Arm yourself with the official guide available at the entrance as well as your Cashless card and before the visit: the chefs, each more renowned than the other, have stands and invite you to taste their signature dishes in small portions.
Saumon au miso, algue bretonne marinée fumée et légumes croquants (Thierry Marx)
Filet de veau farci, tagliatelles de carottes et coulis de truffes d’été (Thierry Marx)
– Deli break –
L’épaule d’agneau fondante, mousseline de pommes de terre aux zestes de citron et jus infusé au cumin (Nicolas Sale)
L’entremets cookie, biscuit cookie et mousse cacahuète, chouchou et caramel (François Perret)
Miss-Freeze finger givré, mara des bois, citronnelle (Yann Menguy)
Bibimpap riz complet, bulgogi de bœuf, œufs parfaits et pickles (Pierre Sang) – Credit Yannick Le Gall
Tortelli de veau braisé et vieux parmesan (Simone Zanoni) – Credit Yannick Le Gall
Fleur de Cacao (Maxime Frédéric) – Credit Yannick Le Gall
The greatest are present:
- Romain Meder (Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée)
- Jean-Edern Hurstel (Edern)
- Sébastien Monceaux et François Daubinet (Fauchon)
- Guillaume Gomez, Christian Têtedoie, Nicolas Bernardé et Yann Menguy (Ferrandi Paris)
- Alan Taudon, Simone Zanoni, Christian Le Squer, Maxime Frédéric (Four Season Hôtel George V)
- Denny Imbroisi (Ida & Epoca)
- Juan Arbelaez (Juan & Co)
- Kei Kobayashi (KEI)
- Pierre Sang Boyer (Maison Pierre Sang)
- Gilles et Nicolas Vérot (Maison Vérot)
- Andreas Mavrommatis (Mavrommatis)
- Frédéric Anton (Le pré Catelan)
- Mohammad Elkhaldy (Refugee food festival)
- Nicolas Sale et François Perret (Ritz Paris)
- Eric Frechon (Lazare)
- Thierry Marx (L’étoile du Nord)
- Michel Roth (Terroirs de Lorraine)
- Michel Rostang (Le train bleu)
- Jeffrey Cagnes (Stohrer)
- Yann Brys (Tourbillon)
- Christophe Michalak (Michalak Paris)
- Philippe Conticini (Gâteaux d’émotions)
- Sadaharu Aoki, Pierre Hermé et Vincent Guerlais
- Christophe Roussel, Laurent Duchêne et Jean-Christophe Jeanson
- Maëlig Georgelin, Jean-Paul Hévin, Arnaud Larher
- Sébastien Bouillet, Pascal Lac et Cédric Pernot
But that’s not all: many producers, grocers, winegrowers and other merchants also present their quality products and different masterclasses and workshops are organized for the occasion.
This experience was one of the most beautiful surprises of this year 2019: I had already heard about it and just at the thought of going there, I was salivating. A few weeks ago, I made up my mind and took my tickets! Unfortunately, I couldn’t taste everything, partly because of lack of time, but it’s absolutely necessary if you like to eat well like me. Please note that the price of the dishes varies from 8 to €12 so do not hesitate to recharge your Taste card.